I may be an avid beach lover but sometimes, there’s just something about the countryside that we all can’t help but love. Laidback. Lovely gentle breeze. Beautiful trees. Glorious landscape. Clean air.
Take the case of the Municipality of Lantapan in Bukidnon. Roughly a 3-hour drive from Cagayan de Oro, it’s fast becoming home to many quaint cafes and diners like Cafe Sa Bukid, Chukoohills and now, El Paso.
Located at Songco, Lantapan, El Paso is a rustic restaurant that also has a spacious al fresco area. And by al fresco I do mean tables and chairs/benches (and tents when it’s a rainy day) surrounded by lots of tall falcata trees. There’s also an event stage and a bonfire area. It’s a great place to hang out with family and friends.
I made a quick TikTok video of our most recent visit there. It’s a must-watch so you can also see what we ordered and ate!
Watch below (please click to follow me on TikTok: mindanaoan)
Things to note:
- El Paso is closed every Monday. Operating hours: 10 AM to 6 PM
- Cover charge is Php 100 (US $2) per person (consumable)
- Guests are required to undergo a temperature check and log their information in
- Face masks are required
- First come, first serve basis. If the seating capacity is full, you will be requested to wait by the gate
- Bringing of outside food and beverage is not allowed. For food, I recommend the roast beef!
How to get to El Paso Lantapan Bukidnon
Driving directions to El Paso (download the Waze app!)
Mindanaoan is a multi-awarded blogger, content creator, seasoned social media strategist and publicist with undeniably successful track record. 2012 International Visitor Leadership Program (for global leaders) alumnus and O visa grantee (for people with extraordinary skills and who have risen to the top of their field). Avid traveler and a proud relief operations volunteer. Regular resource person for social media, blogging and content creation. Available for work and travel – [email protected]