Last July, I was in Manila to personally witness Globe Telecom executives announce the company’s partnerships with some of the world’s biggest brands – Netflix, Disney, Astro, Sports Illustrated, Smule, Cartoon Network – as well as the birth of Globe Studios and Globe Live. I was already very impressed then (especially since I’m a longtime Globe subscriber). Just a few days ago, however, I became even more impressed when Globe Telecom again proved that they truly are the leader in digital content through their latest collaborations.
At Globe’s 11th quarterly media event dubbed “Wonderful World with Globe” or “WWG11,” the company announced its latest milestones and events for the quarter:
– activation of more 700 MHz cell sites that registered speeds of up to 80 mbps during rush hour
– Postpaid Data Roll over and sharing which means customers can now roll over unused data to the next month or choose to share it with other devices or users within the same account
– Musical.ly, the top music app that has a 130 million user base, sealed its first ever telco partnership in the world with Globe. Musical.ly President Alex Hofmann even flew in from the US to attend WWG 11
– Dream Big Princess – Globe and Disney’s first ever digital series as it searches for 6 new Disney Princesses. This is a nationwide search – a first ever digital series that will be documented in a program for release on YouTube and other online services and then culminating with a Disney Princess Dream Big Gala Concert
– Christmas Carol – Globe LIVE’s holiday production after its acclaimed staging of Green Day’s American Idiot. This is Globe’s Christmas season offering
– 917 Apparel. This is Globe’s collection featuring typography and pop-art designs
– NETFLIX – 6 months free on new Broadband and Postpaid plans!!! Aaahhh — the perfect reason to switch to Globe and subscribe to Netflix! More time to watch “Stranger Things”! (You guys have GOT to watch this series)
Truly exciting times with Globe! Surely you will agree with me! 😉
Check out Globe President and CEO Ernest Cu with Musical.ly President Alex Hofmann. Hofmann joined the Globe team to officially announce Musical.ly’s partnership with the #1 mobile brand in the country. The Musical.ly app remains popular among Filipino youth with over 4 million users.
Mindanaoan is a multi-awarded blogger, content creator, seasoned social media strategist and publicist with undeniably successful track record. 2012 International Visitor Leadership Program (for global leaders) alumnus and O visa grantee (for people with extraordinary skills and who have risen to the top of their field). Avid traveler and a proud relief operations volunteer. Regular resource person for social media, blogging and content creation. Available for work and travel – [email protected]