Mindanaoan still can’t concentrate well. As much as I want to work and attend to various other matters, I still can’t help but log on to Twitter via Tweetdeck (which I highly recommend that you Twitter-holics use, by the way) and check how the search and rescue as well as the relief goods distribution efforts for Typhoon Ondoy victims are doing. I keep on retweeting helpful information as much as I can and it warms my heart to see so many private citizens doing their share in helping the victims.
Interestingly, though, I received a comment today in my “Advertise” page from a person who calls himself “ew.” I reckon he’s from Luzon. Check this out:
188.8.131.52 (I.P. address)
ew……….what an ODD offer…and sorry to say this..but the quality of your website is very cheap…out of the limit..and beside…you are promoting mindanao despite of it’s chaotic happenings…oh my!!!!…WAKE UP!!!!
I guess “ew” (or should I say “gm tristan”) just wanted to stir controversy or irk me so that I could answer him back and help increase his website’s traffic stats. Unfortunately for him, I don’t have the time. Besides, comments like his are the very ones that inspire me (and I’m pretty sure all of you fellow Mindanaoans) to promote Mindanao further. We need not blow our own horns just so others (especially those in the typhoon affected areas) would understand and appreciate what Mindanao is doing for the victims as well, need we?
Anyways, going back to my personal donation drive for Typhoon Ondoy victims, I’m so proud to say that I’ve already received cash donations from 5 people. I’ve already forwarded the money to TXTPower via their Paypal email address. TXTPower, by the way, has announced that they’ve raised around half a million already! Thank you so much to all the donors! And because I’m still uber inspired to help out even though I’m here in Mindanao, I’m organizing a fundraiser tomorrow, Wednesday, September 30, 2009.
Thank you very much to Ruffa Gutierrez, Carlos Celdran, Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero, Manolo Quezon III and Neric Acosta for helping Mindanaoan spread the word about my fundraiser through Twitter 🙂 Daghang salamat!
Meanwhile, I found this very helpful list of places, organizations, drop off points, relief goods distribution centers etc Hopefully, this can help you and your friends. Let’s donate, volunteer and help our fellow Filipinos! Credits to Miriam Quiambao as well as the Sour Politics blog for the information. Daghang salamat!
So Mindanao – what have you done for the Typhoon Ondoy victims? What are you doing for your country today?
Medical Reminder: For all those who’ve come into contact with floodwater, please take your leptospirosis prophylaxis ASAP: 2 capsules doxycycline 100mg. Single dose. Just once. Take with food and avoid taking with dairy products. DO NOT GIVE to children or pregnant women, or those who are allergic. For children and pregnant women, look for alternates via your family doctor. Thanks! (Source: Pao Pei Salvan/ Dr. Jae Salvan.)
People Tracker (using your phones, get your friends and family to turn on their finderservice for you)
* FINDERSERVICE. For Smart, text “wis ” to 386
* FINDERSERVICE. For Globe, text “find to 7000
1. National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) (+632-9125668, +632-9111406, +632-9115061, +632-9122665) Help hotlines: (+65 734-2118, 734-2120) [email protected]
2. Philippine Coast Guard (+632-5276136)
3. Air Force (+63908-1126976, +632-8535023)
4. Metro Manila Development Authority (136)
5. Marikina City Rescue (+632-6462436, +632-6462423, +632920-9072902)
6. Pasig Rescue Emergency Number (+632-6310099)
7. Quezon City Rescue (161)
8. San Juan City Hall Command Post (+632-4681697)
9. Bureau of Fire Protection Region III (Central Luzon) Hotline: (+63245-9634376)
10. Senator Dick Gordon (+639178997898, +63938-444BOYS, +632-9342118, +632-4338528)
11. Senator Manny Villar (+639174226800. +639172414864, +639276751981)
12. Cainta Mayor Ramon Ilagan (+632927-2204744/ +632-6650846)
13. Marikina Mayor Maridel and Mr. Ramon Santiago: (+632917-3221951/ +632920-9389914)
Civil Society/ Media
1. Philippine National Red Cross (143, +632-5270000)
2. Philippine National Red Cross Rizal Chapter operations center hotline: (+632-6350922, +632-6347824)
3. Go to GMA Facebook page & post complete addresses and names of people in need of immediate help.
4. ABS-CBN Typhoon Ondoy Hotline: (+632-4163641)
5. Jam 88.3: (+632- 6318803) or SMS at JAM (space) 883 (space) your message to 2968
6. GMA Kapuso Helpline: (+632-9811950-59)
All calls for help, please help us by filling out information here at the Rescue InfoHub Center.
Sahana Disaster Management System needs IT volunteers. http://sahana.kahelos.org. Email [email protected].
Rubber Boat, 4×4 Trucks, Chopper Requests
1. NCRPO (+632-8383203, +632-8383354)
2. Private citizens who would like to lend their motor boats for rescue please call emergency nos: +632-9125668, +632-9111406, +632-9122665, +632-9115061)
3. You can also text (+632917-4226800 or +632927-6751981) for rescue dump trucks.
4. For those who are able to lend 4×4 trucks for rescue: Please send truck to Greenhills Shoppng Center Unimart Grocery to await deployment, Tel No. (+632920-9072902).
5. Petron & San Miguel Corporation are lending choppers for rescue operations, call/text: (+632917-8140655) ask for Lydia Ragasa
* Meralco (+63917-5592824, 16211, +63920-9292824) If you want service cut off to your area to prevent fires and electrocution.
Relief Aid and Donations
Donations of heavy duty flashlights needed for rescue operations in Cainta area. Contact Cielo at (+632918-8824356)
Businesses/ Commercial Establishments
1. 7-11 stores
2. Alabang Town Center drop off goods at the concierge. For inquiries, please call (+632-8422782 or +632-7721860).
3. Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy
4. Binalot at Greenbelt 1, call Tetchie Bundalian at (+632922-8573277)
5. Brainbeam Events, Inc. 2/F MB Aguirre Cornerhs Bldg,15 Pres Ave cor Elizalde Sts, BF Homes Paranaque across the old Caltex in BF. Will accept relief goods.
6. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf will be accepting canned goods, water, clothes, blankets, towels, medicine, and emergency supplies (no cash) in all our branches on behalf of the victims of Typhoon Ondoy starting today until Friday. Your generosity wi…ll be much appreciated during this difficult time for our brothersand sisters in need.
7. Fantastik Manila – send donations to 5729 Calasanz St. Barangay Olympia Makati City Telephone Numbers +632-7290530 or +632-5017405
8. Jollibee branches in Metro Manila – drop off point
9. Luca stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash pls).
10. Manor Superclub, Eastwood City will accept goods and other emergency items starting Sunday at 10 am.
11. Ministop IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.
12. Moonshine boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and Cainta.
13. Myron’s Greenbelt will accept relief goods
14. Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
15. Philippine Daily Inquirer – 1098 Chino Roces Ave. corner Mascardo and Yague Streets, Makati City and to any of its classified ads branches, and to any McDonald’s branch within Metro Manila. Donations in kind, such as instant noodles, canned goods, formula milk, blankets and clothes, are urgently needed. Call (+632-8978808 loc. 260) and look for Megi Garcia
16. PowerPlant Mall accepting donations for ABS-CBN foundation. Dropoff at admin office, P1 level.
17. Red Kimono restaurants – has branches in Pasig, Pampanga, Quezon City and Taguig City. Will accept canned goods, bottled water, clothing for all ages, basic household items.
18. R.O.X. – Recreational Outdoor eXchange is accepting donation for relief good for Typhoon Ondoy victims. You can bring it in the store located in B1 building Bonifacio High St., Tel. No. (+632-8564638/39)
19. Shell gas stations – drop off point
20. Smart Wireless Centers – SM Fairview, SM North EDSA, Gateway Mall Cubao, AliMall Cubao, SM Megamall, SM Muntinlupa, SM Bicutan, SM Sucat, Festival Mall Alabang, Alabang Town Center and SM Southmall. Will accept cash or goods.
21. Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk,Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
22. Total gas stations- drop off point
23. Unimart will receive all cash and in-kind donations to be transferred to LSGH Gate 2.
24. Vivere Suites 5102 Ridgeway Avenue, Fil-Invest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City. Contact (+632-7717777) for inquiries or drop off at concierge area. Will accept relief goods.
25. Whitespace 2314 Chino Roces Ave Ext as a Makati drop-off for relief goods.
Government/ Civil Society/ Movements
1. Victory Fort is opening its doors to those affected by the typhoon. Call 813-FORT.
2. ABS-CBN through Banco de Oro account number 56300-20111 account name: ABS-CBN Foundation Incorporation
3. Akbayan’s taking donations, call 433-69-33/433-68-31 to donate or volunteer.
4. Brgy. San Antonio Bgy Hall near Paranaque City Hall (Sta. Lucia St. corner San Pablo St., San Antonio Valley 1, Paranaque. Drop off point.
5. Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC): Relief goods for typhoon victims being accepted at 72-A Times St., West Triangle, QC. Tel (+632-9299820/22)
6. Department of Social Welfare and Development donation drop off points: National Resource Operations Center, Chapel Road, Pasay City (Contact: Mrs. Francon Favian) / Quezon City Area Disaster Resource Operations Monitoring and Info Center (DROMIC). Contact Rey Martija or Imee Rose Castillo, Tel Nos. (+632-9517119, +632-9512435) or Assistant Secretary Vilma Cabrera Tel No. (+632918-9345625) / San Rafael corner Legarda Streets, Quiapo, Manila (Contact: Dir. Thelsa P. Biolna, Dir. Delia Bauan Tel Nos. (+632-7348622, +632-7348642)
7. Kabataan Partylist Drop off donations or volunteer at 118-B Sct. Rallos QC. (+632926-6677163) or [email protected]
8. Sen. Kiko Pangilinan is accepting donations @ AGS Bldg Annex, 446 EDSA Guadalupe Viejo. Contact Vina Vargas at (+632917-8081247)
9. Luzon Relief: Donations can be brought to RENAISSANCE FITNESS CENTER, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers Ortigas, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City starting MONDAY (Sept.28) / 9am – 7pm Contact Person: Warren Habaluyas (+632929-8713488) or email at [email protected]
10. Marika Bouncers Coop – 95 Malaya St., Malanday, Marikina : will accept donations starting Sept. 28 at 10 AM
11. Miriam Quiambao drop off point: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood, or message http://www.twitter.com/miriamq for more details.
12. Move for Chiz is asking for volunteers and donations at Bay Park Tent, along Roxas Blvd., beside Max Restaurant and Diamond Hotel in Manila, or at Gilas Minipark at Unang Hakbang St., Gilas Q.C.
13. NoyMar relief Operations: Clare Amador (+639285205508) or Jana Vicente at +639285205499). Drop off for relief donations is at Balay Expo Center across Farmers Market Cubao.
14. Operation Rainbow (Zac Faelnar Camara) at Ayala Alabang Village needs Canned Goods, Ready-To-Eat Food, Bottled Water, Ready-To-Drink Milk/ Juice, Clothing, Blankets, contact (+632-4687991)
15. Philippine Army Gym inside Fort Bonifacio or GHQ Gym in Camp Aguinaldo are now distributing donations for Ondoy Victims.
16. Philippine National Red Cross‘ different ways to Donate.
17. Red Cross Load Donations: Right now the easiest way to make donations from the seat of your chair is via mobile phone load. The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations. Text: REDAMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
18. Relief Efforts for Pasig at Valle Verde 1 Village Park, contact (+632916-4945000, +632917-5273616)
19. Relief Operations Center at AGS Annex, #446 EDSA Guadalupe Viejo after PET Tower contact Ares at (+632917-8554935) or Rachel at (+632918-9241636)
20. Sagip Kapamilya hotlines (+632-4132667, +632-4160387) #13 Examiner St. West Triangle, QC. and Scout Mayoran, cor. Morato, near Alex III.
21. Tulong Bayan hotlines for donations and volunteers are (+632908-6579998) Marilyn, (+632939-3633436) Jenn (+632-9137122, +632-9136254 & +632-9133306).
22. TXTPower now accepts donations via SmartMoney 5577514418667103, GCash 09179751092 and Paypal http://is.gd/3GvuN
23. World Vision partners with Phil Coast Guard and kind individuals for relief distribution to 3k families. Call (+632-3747618 local 242) or text (+632917-8623209) to help.
24. Worldvision Foundation is also accepting donations/volunteers to pack relief goods in QC. FOR PESO DONATIONS: BPI SA #4251-0024-15 Matalino cor. Malakas St., Diliman QC OR BDO SA #2700-4341-1. FOR USD DONATIONS: #4254-0050-08. Please fax the deposit slip to +632374660 or call Donor Care Services +632327777. Meanwhile, you may call PAM at +639178623209.
Religious/ Schools & Universities
1. Assumption College San Lorenzo is now accepting donations. Please drop them off at the AC guardhouse.
2. Ateneo de Manila University is now accepting donations for the victims of Ondoy. Donations can be dropped at MVP Lobby. For those stranded/those who need help: To all students who need help or know of people who need help. Please text the name, location, and contact number to (+6329088877166). ATENEO, which is now an open shelter, accepts refugees. Call (+632917-8952792)
3. Ateneo Law School – Rockwell. Looking for donations and volunteers. 20 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati City. Call (+632-8997691 to 96)
4. Caritas Manila Office at Jesus St., Pandacan Manila near Nagtahan Bridge (+632-5639298, +632-5639308)
5. CCF Ortigas St Francis Mall Room 402
6. CFC Center Ortigas is now open for donations in cash or kind. Call (+632-7270682 to 87) or text (+632922-2542819)
7. De La Salle University-Manila – The Sagip Metro relief operation will start to accept donation for Ondoy victims starting Monday @ 8:30 am. Please bring goods to the South Gate of DLSU-Manila.
8. De La Salle Zobel will be accepting donations tomorrow at Gym 5 (Near Gate 7 in Molave St.)
9. DLSU Medical Center will accept canned goods, blankets, clothes, water. Location is at Congressional Avenue, Dasmarinas, Cavite. Telephone lines are at (+632-8447832) and (+6346-4164531)
10. Hillsborough Village Chapel – Water, blankets, shoes, and clothes may be sent to Hillsborough Village Chapel in Muntinlupa City. These will go to families whose houses were washed out in the nearby sitios.
11. La Salle Greenhills for Greenhills/Mandaluyong/San Juan Area, if you want to help out with the rescue and relief operations, you can drop off your donations (clothes, food, etc..) at LSGH Gate 2 or volunteer from 9am to receive, sort, repack the donations.
12. Our Lady of Pentecost Parish (+632-4342397, +632-9290665) per Gabe Mercado, donations are very much welcome. The Parish is located at 12 F. Dela Rosa corner C. Salvador Sts., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
13. Peace Retreat Movement – leave all donations at the Peace Retreat Movement (PRM) office, 2F, Rm. 72L, Christ the King (HS) Bldg. on Wednesday, Sept 30, 12noon
14. Playschool International in Better Living is open to receive relief goods. Feel free to drop it there for your convenience. No Cash Pls.
15. Radio Veritas at Veritas Tower West Ave. Cor EDSA (+632-9257931-40)
16. San Beda College of Arts and Sciences Student Council – accepting clothes, meds, water, canned goods, soap, money, etc.
17. Santuario de San Antonio Parish – McKinley Road, Forbes Park. Accepting all kinds of relief goods. Contact JJ Yulo or Mike Yuson
18. Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah, a disaster response arm of the Jesuits, is accepting donations. Please drop it off sa Ateneo Cervini Dorm.
19. Southville International School and Colleges – will only accept goods. (+632915-5385113, +632915-4151319)
20. St. James Church Multi-Purpose Hall – Drop off point
22. St. Pedro Poveda College is now accepting relief goods. call the Social Action Center (+632-6318756 loc. 121)
23. UA&P Please contact Dae Lee [SEB EVP] at (+632917-8323533) needs donations and volunteers.
24. UP Sigma Alpha Nu Sorority MANILA – collecting food, water and toiletries. You may drop them off at unit 12-O One Adriatico Place, Ermita Manila or contact (+632917-8857188, +632917-6659948).
25. UP College of Arts and Letters (CAL) is accepting goods and cash. Donation center at CAL/text (+632929-6454102).
26. UP Diliman USC is collecting food, clothing and/or cash. Contact TITUS (+632917-8001909), JOSE (+632927-3056607) and TIN (+632915-4906106)
27. UP’s OVCCA accepting donations of relief goods starting tomorrow. Please help by disseminating this info. Contact (+632-9282947).
28. Katipunan Avenue. Contact Erica Paredes at (+632917-4741930) — they need bread, packed juice, sandwich filling (tuna, chicken, anything) You can help her make them, deliver the sandwiches to her house, or help her distribute! Call for more details.
29. Valle Verde Mansions – 135 CAPT. HENRY JAVIER ST. BRGY. ORANBO, PASIG. This is near ULTRA for relief drop-off
30. Xavier School in San Juan is now accepting donations, please bring to Multipurpose Center (MPC).
1. MAKATI: 5729 Calasanz St., Olympia Makati City or call for pick up at (+632-5017405 or +632-7290530) c/o Omel Santos
2. SOUTH: Accepting relief goods in SOUTH AREA. Please contact Anne at (+632915-2854240)
3. Karen Ang of Pasig 3 Kagandahan corner Kabutihan Streets, Kawilihan Village, Pasig (+632920-9520900) will forward donated relief goods to Red Cross
4. Colleen Manabat (Heartrio Prints) of Angeles City will accept bottled water, canned goods, blankets, clothes, medicines from 9 AM to 6PM. Address is Stall 2 MGY Building, 2444 Sto. Entierro St, Sto. Cristo, Angeles City. She will forward the donations to Sagip Kapamilya – ABS-CBN Foundation.
5. Joseph Castillo of Cebu – will send a 20 ft. container to Manila and is looking for donations from Cebuanos. Get in touch with him through (+639082368999 or +63932-2117111)
6. Bianca – will pick up donations from Greenhills/San Juan area. Donate food, medicine, or clothing. Call (+632-4123861, +632927-8436002)
7. Kelly & Jodge – Colonade Residences, Legaspi St. corner C. Palanca, Makati City. Will accept relief goods.
8. Omel Santos – 5729 Calasanz St., Olympia Makati City. Call (+632-5017405 or +632-7290530). Drop off point for donations. Also willing to pick up.
9. RJ Ledesma and friends – call us at (+632917-8131601) for pick of donations. Only relief goods
Mindanaoan is a multi-awarded blogger, content creator, seasoned social media strategist and publicist with undeniably successful track record. 2012 International Visitor Leadership Program (for global leaders) alumnus and O visa grantee (for people with extraordinary skills and who have risen to the top of their field). Avid traveler and a proud relief operations volunteer. Regular resource person for social media, blogging and content creation. Available for work and travel – [email protected]